X-rays - Do I really need them?
X-rays are an extremely useful and important diagnostic tool and can aid in preventing many major problems. The importance of routine thorough examinations by your dental team will do much to avoid major problems.
Dental x-rays may reveal:
- The number, size and position of teeth
- Unerrupted or impacted teeth
- The presence and extent of dental caries (cavities)
- Bone damage (such as periodontitis)
- Abscessed teeth
- Fractured jaw
- Malocclusion of teeth
- Cysts or tumors
- Other abnormalities of the teeth and jaw bones
- X –rays help Riverstone Dental Clinic detect and treat many problems before you are even aware of them.